less of me, More of JESUS

Normally, a person would think about things that are beneficial to him and we often forget about God. We sometimes forget that all of the things that are happening into our lives is because of our creator. This blog is intended for all who wants to be more like Christ. To think more about him and less about himself. Come and join me as we walk together with Jesus to this journey called life.

I will do all I can to update this blog from time to time. This will contain my own articles, videos, music, articles written by different authors, inspirational story and a lot more. Anything about Jesus.

This is not all about me, this is all about Him.

 

Friday, June 29, 2012

God vs god

Why God vs god? I thought I'm just perfectionist when it comes to grammar or in writing when it comes to this. I always write God capitalized. There maybe some instance where I forget but consciously, I always make sure that it is written properly regardless of the situation.

Many would say, they are the same  Yes they are if a computer would analyze it and would case-sensitivity is not an issue..  I'm afraid they are not. A capitalized God refers to our one and only God. The Creator of Heaven and Earth. The Almighty God. On the other hand, god in lower case "g" is something that refers to
different god than our own Creator. It is also a distinction between monotheism and polytheism. In monotheism, people believe that there is only one God. It is the exact opposite in polytheism where they believe in more than one god. When the word “god” is being used, it could refer to some unknown god that other people believe in. In mythology, there are lots of gods: god of war, god of love, god of beauty and the list goes on. That is the only time where “god” is to be used.



I’m not trying to be perfectionist here. I also not suffering from a disorder (obsessive compulsive), what I’m trying to impart is the correct usage of the word and difference of the 2 same words. This also applies to the pronouns: Him, His and Yours. Also with nouns like Creator, Redeemer, Savior, Messiah, King, and other nouns that describes our one true God. 

I hope that this article made sense to you. God Bless us all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment